UnboundLocalError at /article

UnboundLocalError at /article
local variable ‘article_data’ referenced before assignment

This Error Show in Django blog

By looking at the error I can only tell that there is a problem in the way which article_data has been initialised . So do check that . If you are still unable to find the error . Then do share your code with me and I will look into it .

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.

An UnboundLocalError is raised when a local variable is referenced before it has been assigned. In most cases this will occur when trying to modify a local variable before it is actually assigned within the local scope. Python doesn’t have variable declarations, so it has to figure out the scope of variables itself. It does so by a simple rule: If there is an assignment to a variable inside a function, that variable is considered local.

Python has lexical scoping by default, which means that although an enclosed scope can access values in its enclosing scope, it cannot modify them (unless they’re declared global with the global keyword). A closure binds values in the enclosing environment to names in the local environment. The local environment can then use the bound value, and even reassign that name to something else, but it can’t modify the binding in the enclosing environment. UnboundLocalError happend because when python sees an assignment inside a function then it considers that variable as local variable and will not fetch its value from enclosing or global scope when we execute the function. However, to modify a global variable inside a function, you must use the global keyword.