Scrapy installation giving error

my scrapy installation is giving error-
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: ‘c:\users\dell\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\python.exe’ -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"‘C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-yt2m2ubw\Twisted\setup.py’"’"’; file=’"’"‘C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-yt2m2ubw\Twisted\setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’"‘open’"’"’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, ‘"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’"‘exec’"’"’))’ install --record ‘C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-tavnchwx\install-record.txt’ --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers ‘c:\users\dell\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\Include\Twisted’
cwd: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-yt2m2ubw\Twisted
Complete output (947 lines):

Hey @surbhi11, do you have anaconda installed in your system or not. ?

I did not have it installed before but now I have installed it by’ pip install anaconda’ on command prompt

it is giving the following error now-
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: ‘c:\users\dell\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\python.exe’ -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"‘C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-pxhbuzfw\Twisted\setup.py’"’"’; file=’"’"‘C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-install-pxhbuzfw\Twisted\setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’"‘open’"’"’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, ‘"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’"‘exec’"’"’))’ install --record ‘C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-record-a9irttz5\install-record.txt’ --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers ‘c:\users\dell\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\Include\Twisted’ Check the logs for full command output.

Hey @surbhi11, so now you have two version installed of python, so now instead of improving, you have worsened the situation. Now follow up accordingly as I say and in case if you stuck at any step, directly DM me for an early response. You can post here as well, but here you may need to wait for some time to get reply.

1. Go to programs and features, uninstall all python packages showing in the list, uninstall anaconda. After uninstalling you should not have any of python and anaconda being shown in the list.
  2. Go to the link and than download and install the anaconda package.
  3. Note: while installing it will ask to Add anaconda and python paths Make sure you check both checkboxes ( a tick will appear in both check boxes).
  4. if anaconda comes pre installed with scrapy than you will be able to run your code successfully. If not, then open anaconda prompt and use this command to install,
    conda install -c conda-forge scrapy

Hope this will resolve your doubt. :blush:

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.