Python not showing up in env.variables path

Hi!
i just started this course.

I installed python as well as pycharm IDE in advance and am able to execute Python scripts there.

However, I am unable to execute them in CMD as Python is not showing up in the env. variables path section. Could you please tell me the importance of those paths and how I can fix this in order to run it on cmd as well?

What do those env variable path signify for other languages? will I see C++ in the path list if I installed it?

Hello @haxxpigmeow, in windows we need to set the path of the compiler or we can say of the installed language so that we can run that. And for running it on cmd we need to set the path so it might be possible you have set the incorrect path. And also make sure if the python is installed properly or not. You can do so by doing
python --version
Yes, the importance of setting up the path is, it prevents us from having to write out the entire path to a program on the CLI every time we run it. Essentially, it’s just a variable that stores a bunch of shortcuts. When you enter a command on the CLI without using the absolute path, the operating system checks the PATH variable. And for cpp you also need to set it’s a path if you want to see it there.
Hope you will understand the concept, if you very new to all of this, so it will take some time to understand the flow, but don’t worry you will learn them soon.
Pls, let me know if there is any doubt or confusion.