Problem in understanding data acquisition using web API

In the video : Data Acquisition using web APIs-OpenWeather API , Sir told how to make GET request to an API and how to convert the class of data obtained (the class of data is bytes) into json object and to convert json object into python string. The video ended after this. I want to know that is this the only purpose of using API . Like in the case of Data Acquisition using web Scapping , we created a csv file of a particular table in the whole wikipedia page of android verson history.

Please explain the purpose of data acquisiton using web API and the difference between web scapping and using web APIs.

Hey @abhaygarg2001, in both case data acquisition using the web API and web scrapping, we try to collect data from websites. API generally reduces effort needed to get that data. While in web scrapping you need to explore the right way which is little exhaustive and tiresome. Also using API will provide you with the data in json format generally, you could convert that in your requirements directly, like in csv or in json only.

Hope this resolved your doubt.
Plz mark the doubt as resolved in my doubts section. :blush:

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.