Machine learning

what is meaninig of “until convergence” in gradient decent

why you have taken iteration equal to 100 only we have to iterate till "the gradient equal =0’ na

Until convergence means till the point where your loss or error is not reducing anymore. The local minima or global minima point.

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.

This implies that in order to achieve a bound of f(x(k))−f(x∗) ≤ ϵ, we must run O(1/ϵ) iterations of gradient descent. This rate is referred to as “sub-linear convergence.” Strongly convex f. In contrast, if we assume that f is strongly convex, we can show that gradient descent converges with rate O(ck) for 0 <c< 1. Radient Descent is an optimization algorithm for finding a local minimum of a differentiable function. Gradient descent is simply used to find the values of a function’s parameters (coefficients) that minimize a cost function as far as possible.

The Gradient descent algorithm multiplies the gradient by a number (Learning rate or Step size) to determine the next point. For example: having a gradient with a magnitude of 4.2 and a learning rate of 0.01, then the gradient descent algorithm will pick the next point 0.042 away from the previous point.
This implies that so as to realize abound of f(x(k))−f(x∗) ≤ ϵ, we must run O(1/ϵ) iterations of gradient descent. This rate is mentioned as “sub-linear convergence.” Strongly convex f. In contrast, if we assume that f is strongly convex, we will show that gradient descent converges with rate O(ck) for 0.
Machine learning is the best to learn it became popular and used by a number of IT industries.