Installation process

how Python will work in Jupyter and how to install it… plz explain. As i m beginner.

If you are on Windows os then first you will need to install python on your machine , to do so you can go on this link --> https://www.python.org/downloads/

Note - When you run the installer there will be an option to add python to the PATH, do select that because we will need it added in our path .

Once python is installed you need to install jupyter -
To install jupyter simply open the command prompt and type

Pip install jupyter

Once jupyter is installed you can open it by writing the below command in command prompt -

Jupyter notebook

1 Like

its not working again…

What error are you getting ?

when i am typing on command prompt ‘jupyter notebook’. then there message is ‘jupyter’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Have you installed jupyter through -

Pip install jupyter

?

no …from annaconda.

Ok , if you are using anaconda then there is an icon for jupyter itself , simply search for jupyter and open it by clicking it’s icon.

1 Like

Okk sir thanku…

jupyter is not working in chrome…

It’s working in some other browser ?

yes… in internet explore.

You will need to set Google chrome as your default browser to open jupyter in chrome.

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.

1 Like

sorry sir… but jupyter is not working on google chrome… in google chrome its asking for token and password.

Can you please share the screenshot

If you run the following command in command prompt

jupyter notebook list

, you will see something like http://localhost:8888/?token=6d48d4d8990d2adf9c0313fec7d462b5e265fe227452a273, so just copy and paste that into the browser and you will be logged in.

hello sir … can i do python coding in google colaboratory.?

Yes. you can . Google collab is similar to jupyter .But in google collab you don’t need to install any module using pip , all the modules are already present in their cloud.