Installation and setup Qs

Hi

I am getting started on this course and am a newbie. I am using a mac with Mac OS catalina. I tried the installation and setup here : https://medium.com/@aggarwaldeepak/c-learning-environment-3df85a46784b

but the links are very old and some don’t even work. For e.g. for Mac OS steps, step 1 is too old and not sure will work for me. I did step 2. again for step 3 it’s asking to refer to step 3 of ubuntu and linux which shows how to download and install stuff for windows. Can u fix this and send me the right links for me to get started on Mac? Can i just use Xcode ? pls send instructions for this.

1. Install Sublime Text
  2. Install plugins. Visit Step 3 of Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Hey @hangercl happy new year :grinning:
Yes you are right. Latest macos won’t work as per it. Do one thing. Follow this youtube video from mac os installation part. You will be able to install.

also the shortcuts link provided in above link is not working:

Might be possible as it’s old. So follow this video for installation.

also the list of shortcuts link is not working from the above link - “I have created a list of shortcuts that will take your programming experience to the next level.”

I will update the team regarding this blog issue as it was shared in 2017. So some of these shortcuts might not even work. Though the video reference can be enlightening as compared to blog.

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.