Image scraping from android app

can we in particular scrape images any android app
like we download the app and then scrape the images from it.

Hi @sankalparora5

It is indeed possible to scrape Android Apps but the process is not as smooth and straightforward as it is for scraping websites. It also needs detailed knowledge of other Tech Stacks (the Android Dev stack for example). That is why it is not covered in this course.
If you want to learn more about it, then checkout these links:
Link1, Link2

Happy Learning!

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.

It’s possible to scrape images from an Android app, but it depends on the specifics of the app. If the images are displayed in the app, you could potentially use a tool like Selenium to automate the process of capturing the images. However, if the app has any security measures in place to prevent data scraping, you may run into difficulties.
If the images you’re trying to scrape are text-based (e.g., product labels, business cards, etc.), you might consider using Smart Engines OCR SDK, which could help you extract the text from the images and potentially bypass any scraping restrictions. But it really depends on the context and the exact nature of the images you’re trying to scrape.