How can i train my model on google colab or any other platform?

Since i have data downloaded in my internal files, and dis all of my work in project uptill now in pc only,then how can i train my model on google colab or any other such platform,. I mean how can i access the data set files on google colab other than uploading it on dropbox first, as it would take huge time,. Please if you can reffer me some ways to train my model on any online platform,…?

Hey @saksham_thukral, if your laptop cannot support such big computations, you need a GPU for that. And the only option to access data from google colab is to upload your data on the google drive and then mount your drive into your notebook. Yes you are correct it would take time to upload dataset of around 1GB, but once it is uploaded, you can very easily train the model quickly.

Hope this helps !
Happy Learning :slight_smile:

but is there any way that i do all the procedures like encoding images and captions and making vocab in google notebook and then saving the encodings , and then just performing the training part on the google colab? is it possible, or i have to start from starting to implement the whole project in google colab?

Yes absolutely you can do that ways. You can save the train and test encodings on your local computer and then upload them on google drive and use in google colab. But you would be complicating the stuff. You can ofcourse store weights/encodings/or whatever sir is storing in a file and load them in google colab. But then make sure you upload them correctly and use them by specifying the correct path in google colab !

Hope this helps you !
Happy Learning :slight_smile:

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.