Couldn't understand

I was not able to understand the difference between collaborative and content based filtering , the explanation for both was very much similar in the video.

hey @garggaurav823,

Content based filtering is a technique for recommendation in which we check the similarity between two objects , like a book, image , or something , and then based on the similarity score, we recommend those to others. You might have seen that , on amazon or flipkart it shows similar items , its based on content based filtering

Collaborative based filtering recommends the objects that are seen by similar people as you. You might have seen there are results are bought by other customers , like this.

Let me know if still there something you can confused at.

So… taking flipkart as an example , I can assume that content based filtering is done while I am searching for a product , let say a phone , it will show me different products that are similar to phone. While collaborative filtering is done while I am checking out with a phone as it shows what other people bought with that particular phone. Right?

Correct.

I didn’t this example.
But lets say , you are searching just phone on flipkart , then first it will recommend which phone was bought by other users who are similar to you.

this might help to understand better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9gpufJFF-0

Yes that helped , thank you

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.