Breadth first search

is outputput of bfs depend upon the order of adding edges??

No it just checks the nodes and their connections. It doesnt depend on in which order have u added the edges.

i mean the output of bfs coming different for different order of adding edges…

Different order but to same nodes right?
2 3
1 3
and
1 3
2 3

These will give same bfs output when started the bfs from 1(COnsidering root).

it is a small example for big one the bfs coming different…

for example if we take (1 2) (1 3) the bfs is 1 2 3but if we add reverse then bfs is different 1 3 2

Reverse as in ?

See it depends also on wether u r making bidirectional graph or unidirectional.

in this case bidirectional…

reverse means order of adding edge is (1 3) and then (1 2)

Well it depends here because u see for 3 and 2 they have both same parent and same level. So in first case :
the adjacency list will be 1 : 2,3
and now it will be 1 : 3,2

So yes here the bfs traversal may differ.
Sorry abt my previous comment i was thinking about the overall graph because it remains the same :upside_down_face:.

so how to identify graph uniquely by bfs in question what we have to do exactly if bfs is not uniqye??

i didn’t understand it . can u plz rephrase it.

means in above example the bfs is different for same graph so how can we uniquely say that this bfs belongs to this graph??

Check element by element in both traversals. because

/  \
 2      3 
  /    \ 
3       2

These 2 will produce different bfs sequence so just store them in an array and match element by element , if they are different then it will surely produce different bfs.

I am asking if I have given two bfs how can I identify that it is sane graph or not??

i think u cant because suppose

3 4
and
3 4 5

above given graphs will produce same dfs … so i dont think u can actually tell or not that it is the same graph or not.

Note: i have just written level wise nodes.

Ohk thanks sir… …

a little typo i wrote dfs instead of bfs …sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

Yess that’s understandable because we were talking about bfs so i understood that…