Book allocation problem

in book allocation problem,in the function isPossible we return false when StudentsUsed becomes greater than number of students…but what happens when studentsUsed are less than the given number of students?Then does it mean we can even allocate 0 pages to some students?

if( no of StudentUsed > number of students){
    it means we can't divide the book with max books per student = mid
}
else{
    this means we can divide the books with max books per student =mid
    hence we return true;
    so that we can minimize the max books per student
}

i can understand this condition.my question is what happens when studentsused is less than no of students,in that case how are the books/pages allocated to remaining students?

my previous ans tell what happens if no of StudentUsed < number of students

now the ans of what happens when studentsused is less than no of students

then we will assign mid no of pages to each students
and if no of students required are more than actual no of students
then return true

if you have more doubts feel free to ask

so even when studentsUsed are less than no of students,we return true…in that case how many pages are assigned to remaining students? example:if we have *used 2 students * whereas there are 3 students actually the function returns false so here the third student will be considered to have 0 pages right?then does that mean 0 pages also can be assigned to any student.

yes
the remaining student did not read any pages

in question you have to minimize the max no of pages read by any student

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.