Benefit of using Pointer

why we use pointer and what is benefit of using pointer

@Ankit_123
Pointers are an extremely important tool which allow a lot of flexibility in C++. You will later learn how to work arrays using pointers, You will make entire data structures like Linked Lists using just pointers. They are basically used to remember the address of memory location and while the address itself doesn’t have any importance as it would change on every compilation , the things we can do by using and manipulating it open up a lot of possibilities. I couldn’t possibly cover every benefit of pointers here because there are thousands and its more up to the coder how they use it. If you are just starting with pointers , just try writing simple functions like swap functions which takes two pointers as arguments or manipulating arrays with pointers. That should give you a good basic idea for them. You will learn a lot as you go through the course and more as you code yourself.

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.