Apples and Oranges Puzzle

How to approach Apples and Oranges Puzzles in given assignment?

Please send the question here.

There are three closed and opaque cardboard boxes. One is labeled “APPLES”, another is
labeled “ORANGES”, and the last is labeled “APPLES AND ORANGES”. You know that the labels
are currently misarranged, such that no box is correctly labeled. You would like to correctly
rearrange these labels. To accomplish this, you may draw only one fruit from one of the boxes.
Which box do you choose, and how do you then proceed to rearrange the labels?

There are three closed and opaque cardboard boxes. One is labeled “APPLES”, another is labeled “ORANGES”, and the last is labeled “APPLES AND ORANGES”. You know that the labels are currently misarranged, such that no box is correctly labeled. You would like to correctly rearrange these labels. To accomplish this, you may draw only one fruit from one of the boxes. Which box do you choose, and how do you then proceed to rearrange the labels?

Say you pick a fruit from the basket labeled ‘Apples and Oranges’. If this fruit is an apple, then we know that since the label is incorrect, this basket only contains apples. Now that we’ve determined that the basket marked as ‘Apples and Oranges’ only contains apples, we can figure out what the other baskets contain. If we look at the basket labeled as ‘Oranges’, we know that since the label is incorrect, this basket either has only apples in it or has both apples and oranges. Since we’ve already established that the basket labeled ‘Apples and Oranges’ contains only apples, we know that the basket labeled as ‘Oranges’ contains both apples and oranges. Then by simple process of elimination, we know that the basket labeled as ‘Apples’ contains only oranges.

You can apply the same logic if you assume you picked an orange from the basket labeled as ‘Apples and Oranges’.

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.

Hello @sk1 you have raised the doubt again what is the problem that you are facing?

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.