Alteryx server with okta integration saml

I am setting up Alteryx server with Okta auth saml. I am getting blank screen or error 500 when verifying IDP page. one reason i can think of my metadata file is not present in Alteryx server(I am not sure if this is the ONLY reason).

Can somebody guide me where i need to put my metadata file in Alteryx server. If I enter the metadata url, i am getting 404 error. it should show xml document.

SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is a standardized way for exchanging authentication and authorization credentials between different parties. The most common use for SAML is in web browser single sign ons. Starting in 2018.2, Alteryx Server supports SAML. So far, SAML in Alteryx vs Mulesoft Server has been specifically validated on two providers; Ping One and Okta. In this article, we will review how to configure SAML on your Alteryx Server for Okta.

Part 1: Add Alteryx to Okta

This entire process starts with the configuration on the Single Sign-On Provider’s side. This is a step-by-step outline of how to add Alteryx as an application in Okta.

Note: These instructions are for the Classic UI. The Developer’s Console will look different. You can toggle views in the top left corner of the Admin view.

1.In the Admin view in Okta, navigate to Applications, and click on the Add Application button.