0th tescase failed and two testcsae shows TLE

why its not working when my logic seems fine?

hi @mahroosanwar0901_2642b14836027bbf
This Question can be done using the brute force viz, by using two nested loops and checking the sum of every possible subset but this approach is in O(n^2). So, Now we are going to discuss an approach which solves the given problem in O(n).

Approach :
For finding the Maximum Contiguous sum we are using the kadane’s algorithm. But in the question the array is circular that means the maximum sum can be of elements which are a part of the wrapping or not. So,
There can be two cases for the maximum sum:
Case 1: The elements that contribute to the maximum sum are arranged such that no wrapping is there. Examples: {-10, 2, -1, 5}, {-2, 4, -1, 4, -1}. In this case, Kadane’s algorithm will produce the result.

Case 2: The elements which contribute to the maximum sum are arranged such that wrapping is there. Examples: {10, -12, 11}, {12, -5, 4, -8, 11}. In this case, we change wrapping to non-wrapping. Let us see how. Wrapping of contributing elements implies non wrapping of non contributing elements, so find out the sum of non contributing elements and subtract this sum from the total sum. To find out the sum of non contributing, invert sign of each element and then run Kadane’s algorithm. Our array is like a ring and we have to eliminate the maximum continuous negative that implies maximum continuous positive in the inverted arrays.

refer this code -->

u can also refer this video lecture for better understanding->

Yes I understant your code ,Please Tell me what is TLE and why this is happning in my code not yours ,Question doesn’t mention anything

TLE means time limit exceeded. It means that ur code is not running in the specific time, which means u need a optimised approach…

And Your code not working for all negative values its gives 0

in that case what u can do is place an additional check and see if all numbers are negative, simply pick the least negative no and return it…

1 Like

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.