Problem Explanation

Someone please explain me how to code is running on the given question. What does it mean by Array-sum of two array.

@mohitkanodia713 hey mohit
For the given sample case , arr1=[1, 0, 2, 9] and arr2=[3, 4, 5, 6, 7] .Each element of both the arrays is a digit .Thus, both array forms two separate numbers and we need to calculate the sum of these two numbers.

Take an ans array (whose size is equal to the (max size of the two arrays +1 )) which will store the final number formed.

Start adding both the numbers digit by digit from the end i.e. 9+7=16 thus 6 is stored in the ans array at last index (as we are updating our array from last) and 1 is taken as carry.Thus, this process is repeated for every digit and at the end if carry is not 0 it is stored at the starting index of the ans array.First digit of the ans array represent carry over which is zero in this case. So ans is [3, 5, 5, 9, 6].

Thanks for your reply JaisKid.

Hi @mohitkanodia713

I am making your doubt as resolved. Next time, mark your doubts as resolved in your course’s “ Ask Doubt ” section, when your doubt is resolved.