can you please see and tell me what is wrong in my code, i have checked almost all the conditions, please help me correct this code
I have checked many test cases,and it is coming correct in all but sill test case is failing
@apoorvsingh27,
https://ide.codingblocks.com/s/237510 corrected code.
Suggested approach:
The solution is based on the fact that if we know all elements in a subarray arr[i…j] are distinct, sum of all lengths of distinct element subarrays in this subarray is ((j-i) * (j-i+1))/2 .
How? the possible lengths of subarrays are 1, 2, 3,……, j – i +1. So, the sum will be ((j – i ) * (j – i +1))/2.
We first find largest subarray (with distinct elements) starting from first element. We count sum of lengths in this subarray using above formula. For finding next subarray of the distinct element, we increment starting point, i and ending point, j unless (i+1, j) are distinct. If not possible, then we increment i again and move forward the same way.
this is given in geek for geeks also, i am asking what is wrong in my logic.
@apoorvsingh27,
Your code fails for arrays where elements are being repeated.
Input:
3
3 2 3
Correct Output:
7
Your Output:
6
I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.
On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.