Gradient Descent Algorithm

whats the function of linespace ? and how it is different fro m arange function??

The NumPy linspace function creates sequences of evenly spaced values within a defined interval.

Essentally, you specify a starting point and an ending point of an interval, and then specify the total number of breakpoints you want within that interval (including the start and end points). The np.linspace function will return a sequence of evenly spaced values on that interval.

For example, if you’re executing the command np.linspace(0,100,5), it’ll return the following np array:

The essential difference between NumPy linspace and NumPy arange is that linspace enables you to control the precise end value, whereas arange gives you more direct control over the increments between values in the sequence.

That is, in linspace that third parameter specifies the total numbers we want in that interval and it automatically defines a fixed range between every two numbers. While in arange we need to specify the step or the difference between two consecutive numbers in the output array.

I hope this resolves your doubt.

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.