Doubt in mcq question

Q2. Algorithms STL#2
Choose the correct output and time complexity for the following code :

list< int > myList = { 2, 6, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20};
cout << binary_search(myList.begin(), myList.end(), 20) ;

Output is 20 and time complexity is Linear in size of the list.

Output is 1 and time complexity is Linear in size of the list.

Output is 20 and time complexity is Logarithmic in size of the list.

Output is 1 and time complexity is Logarithmic in size of the list.

What will be the answer and why?

You are given list( which is linked list) and to find mid element you need to traverse to the half of the list.So this will take linear time. So answer is option b.

okay thank you so much

@Akshita99
You have opened the doubt again
How can I help you ?

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.