Dataset_path function in Face Recognition

In the video - “Building face Classifier”, Prateek sir has specified a path = /.data/, about which I’m afraid I don’t know. When I executed the code, it showed me this error: "FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: ‘./data/’ ".

I’m pretty sure some file is missing, Could you please mention me what file or data-path is he exactly using in the video?

Hey Gurmeen,
In case of reading a file:
You need to mention the path according to where the file is present in your system with respect to the current path.
For example, if the ‘data’ is present in the Downloads folder which is a folder behind your current directory, then you need to specify the following path: ‘…/Downloads/data/’

For writing in a file:
If you are writing into a file which needs to be present inside a folder then you need to first create that folder and then mention the path that leads to that folder.
For example, if you need to write a file in the ‘data’ folder which is present in your current directory then you need to give the path as Bhaiya has done in the video, ‘./data/’

I hope this resolves your doubt.

Yes, sir it is clear. Could you please tell me what type of file is Prateek Sir using in this video? Is it a csv file, .data file, or . txt?

I hope I’ve cleared your doubt. I ask you to please rate your experience here
Your feedback is very important. It helps us improve our platform and hence provide you
the learning experience you deserve.

On the off chance, you still have some questions or not find the answers satisfactory, you may reopen
the doubt.

1 Like

I have rated your response!

1 Like